2- 12 oz New York strip steaks ( you may use a different cut / size of steak if preferred)
1 tbsp. canola oil
3 tbsp. Instant coffee
1 bay leaf
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp butter
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of beef stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn on your grill on medium high.
2. Marinate the steak with the canola oil, salt and pepper and 1/3 of the instant coffee. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
1. In a small pot on medium heat, cook the butter, garlic and bay leaf for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce on medium low heat until it reaches a point of viscosity similar to maple syrup about 7-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the steaks to desired doneness. You may also cook them on a hot skillet if grilling is not an option.
3. Brush on coffee glaze on the final minute of cooking so that the glaze creates a sticky crust on the steak. Let the steak rest for a few minutes before serving. Pour additional sauce over steak when serving.
Tasting Notes: Great dish for the steak lover who wants to hit the grill and chill. SPLASH™ Black Cherry seltzer pairs fantastic with the beefy taste of New York strip laced with the bitter and sweet tones of the coffee glaze.