1 pound ground beef
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small white onion
1/2 green pepper
¼ cup tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
1 bay leaf
¼ cup green manzanilla olives
1 medium Idaho potato
1 tbsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: chopped parsley
1. Peel and dice the potato in medium sized cubes and place in a small pot with water.
2. Cut the green pepper and the white onion into a small dice.
1. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until fork tender. Strain them and reserve for later.
2. Heat up a wide sauté pan or pot on medium heat and add the olive oil and ground beef. Cook for 10 minutes while stirring frequently to break up the meat.
3. Add the onions, peppers, tomato paste, paprika and cook for 2 minutes on high heat.
4. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the broth has reduced to a thick consistency.
5. Add potatoes and olives and cook for 1 minute. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Serve on a bowl with a side of steamed rice and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tasting notes: Picadillo is a Cuban dish that is delicious and easy to make for a weeknight home-cooked meal. This dish has all the flavors of Miami and of course a SPLASH™ Mojito seltzer is the perfect pairing.