4 large eggs
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
1 stick of butter (4oz)
Garnish: powder sugar and berries
Line a small cake ring mold or spring mold on a baking dish with parchment paper and grease up with non-stick spray and wrap with aluminum foil underneath to keep the batter from coming out. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Heat up 2 cups of water in a small pot.
1. Place eggs and sugar in a stand-up mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric mixer) and mix for 5 minutes until double their size and creamy.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl and place over the pot with hot water. This will slowly melt the chocolate and butter while you mix.
3. Fold in half of the melted chocolate into the egg mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate and pour batter into baking mold.
4. Pour hot water around the baking mold enough to fill halfway up the dish. Bake for 22-24 minutes until the internal temperature of the cake is 140 degrees or a knife comes out clean when inserted.
5. Carefully remove cake pan from baking dish and allow cake to cool at room temperature.
6. Remove from baking pan and serve chilled. Garnish with powder sugar and berries
Tasting notes: This dish summons the chocolate lover in you, so share with a friend. Rich dark chocolate is a classic pairing to the tart and floral flavor of SPLASH™ Raspberry seltzer which makes this pairing a decadent treat.