4 slices of thick cut Texas toast (you can use challah bread)
1 cup of half and half
2 egg yolks
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups of fruity pebbles cereal
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of cinnamon powder
¼ cup of canola oil for frying
Garnish: Powder sugar and fresh berries
1. Warm the half and half in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. In a blender place 1/3 of the cereal, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, half and half and blend for 20 seconds, while blending add the egg yolks 1 at a time. Let the batter rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the batter unto a wide 2-inch-deep bowl or baking dish and soak the bread in the batter for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Lay out the remaining cereal on a plate and roll each toast on the cereal on both sides to coat them and set aside on a tray.
5. Heat up the oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees and begin cooking the toast for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
6. Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream and garnish with powder sugar and fresh berries.
Tasting notes: The mash up of childhood cereal and French toast makes for a fun and fruity brunch dish. Crunchy, sweet and spongy Brioche bread works so good with the elegant taste of SPLASH™ Raspberry while the berry notes from the cereal elevate this breakfast favorite.