½ pound Key west pink shrimp (or gulf shrimp) peeled and deveined, tails removed
10 Mint leaves
3 Garlic cloves
3 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Fish sauce
10-12 wooden skewers
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Zest the grapefruit, cut it in half and squeeze the juice.
2. Chop the mint leaves small.
3. Mince the garlic.
1. Mix all ingredients except the shrimp into a bowl. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Set aside 2/3 of the sauce for dipping.
3. Marinate the shrimp in remaining sauce and skewer each shrimp into the wooden skewers.
4. Set your grill on high heat. Cook the shrimp for about 1-2 min on each side.
5. Serve the shrimp skewers with the reserved sauce to dip.
Tasting notes: This South East Asian inspired dish is the perfect pairing for a day on the grill with a SPLASH™ Grapefruit seltzer in hand. The sweetness of the shrimp is accented with the bitter citrus of the grapefruit while exploding with herbal notes of mint and twang from the dipping sauce.