4-6 slices of Pound cake
2 tbsp. Olive oil
8 basil leaves
1 tsp Sea salt
1 cup of Strawberries
3 tbsp. Brown sugar
2 Drops of Grapefruit splash
Garnish: Basil leaves
1. Brush the olive oil over the pound cake on both sides.
2. Chop the basil and sprinkle on the pound cake.
3. Sprinkle salt over the pound cake.
4. Squeeze the juice of the lemon.
5. Remove the strawberry tops and cut them in halves.
1. Heat up a small pan on medium heat and place the strawberries, lemon juice and bring to a boil.
2. Add the sugar and Splash drops and continue cooking on medium heat for 3 minutes.
3. Pour sauce into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
4. Set your grill on medium high heat and grill the pound cake for 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. Serve the poundcake with the strawberry sauce and garnish with basil leaves.
Tasting Notes: Sweet and buttery poundcake becomes so much more when grilled and rubbed with basil and then topped with a vibrant lemon and strawberry sauce infused with SPLASH™ Grapefruit. This dish is a fun eclectic addition to your next outdoor picnic date.