1 cup Lychee nuts (You can use canned )
1 European cucumber
½ red onion
½ cup Coconut milk
1 Serrano chili
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: Cilantro leaves and coconut shavings (optional)
1. Peel and deseed the lychees and cut in half
2. Peel and deseed the cucumbers and cut into into 1 inch chunks
3. Slice the onion into thin slices
4. Slice the chili into thin slices
1. In a blender squeeze the juice of the limes, place half the chili, coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste and blend for 30 seconds.
2. In a bowl mix all the ingredients together and let rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Serve on a chilled martini glass and garnish with coconut shavings and cilantro leaves
Tasting Notes: This plant-based version on a tropical ceviche is a refreshing appetizer for a cocktail party on the patio. The creamy notes from the coconut milk draw in the heat from the serrano chili and highlight the sweetness and aroma from the lychees while keeping the cucumber freshness. SPLASH™ Cucumber Mint Margarita seltzer is the perfect pairing to cool down the heat and turn up the chill.