1 large very ripe tomato
2 garlic cloves
1 small ciabatta bread or baguette
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1. Cut tomato in half horizontally and remove any seeds with your fingers.
2. Using a box grater, grate the inside of the tomato into a bowl.
3. Cut bread in half and cut into 2 inch thick pieces and lay on a baking tray.
4. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
1. Brush bread with olive oil and bake for 1 minutes.
2. Rub the garlic cloves onto the toasted bread as if grating right onto the bread.
3. Whisk in the extra virgin olive into the grated tomatoes.
4. Spoon sauce over the bread.
5. Sprinkle salt generously over top.
6. Serve warm.
Tasting notes: This classic Spanish Tapas highlights the flavors of Spain and makes for a wonderful appetizer to start your dinner. Grated tomatoes and raw garlic bring out the fruity notes in the SPLASH™ Sangria seltzer.