1 pound of ground turkey
1 whole egg
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp. minced ginger
¼ cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Wooden or metal skewers
Garnish: Sesame seeds and sliced scallions
Beat the egg. Cut the scallion into thin rings. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
1. In a bowl, mix the turkey, egg, sesame oil, ginger, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper together with your hands until fully incorporated. Let rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Scoop out the turkey mixture into 2 oz balls and then grab skewer and shape the kebob around it. Place the kebobs on the parchment paper lined tray.
3. In a small bowl, mix the honey, oyster sauce and olive oil together. Reserve half of this sauce for serving.
4. Brush the remaining sauce over the kebobs, glazing both sides then sprinkle sesame seeds all over them.
5. You can bake these at 450 degrees in the oven for 10-12 minutes or cook them on high heat on the grill for 2 minutes on each side until internal temperature of 160 degrees.
6. Serve with additional sauce glaze and sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions on top.
Tasting Notes: Turkey on the grill on a stick with a cold glass of SPLASH™ Black Cherry seltzer is fun way to treat your friends at home. These Kebobs are lean yet flavorful with aromatic flavors of sesame, ginger and scallion that go so well with the black cherry aroma.